May 8, 2012
SCHILLER PARK, Ill., May 8, 2012 – Life Fitness today announced its selection of judges for the 2012 global Personal Trainers to Watch program, an effort to recognize personal trainers for fitness excellence. The panel of five esteemed industry experts ranges from exercise physiologists to published authors, and has been hand-selected to determine one winner and 10 finalists by scoring online nominations from across the world.
Expanded to a global market for the first time since its launch in 2011, the Personal Trainers to Watch program calls for the nomination of fitness professionals who exude a passion for health and aim to better the lives of their clients.
“After taking Personal Trainers to Watch to a global market, it was important to select a well-rounded judging panel that could relate to an international nomination base,” said Chris Clawson, Life Fitness president. “We’re thrilled to give deserving personal trainers a chance to connect with some of the world’s most established and successful fitness professionals.”
2012 Personal Trainers to Watch Judging Panel
- Nicole Nichols was named America's Personal Trainer to Watch by Life Fitness in 2011. "Coach Nicole" is the fitness expert and managing editor for SparkPeople.com and is one of the most-watched trainers on YouTube. Nicole has a bachelor's degree in health promotion and education, specializing in fitness. She maintains several fitness certifications, including the American Council on Exercise® (ACE) Personal Training and AFAA Group Fitness Instruction, and is comprehensively trained in mat and reformer Pilates through Balanced Body University. Her latest DVD is titled "SparkPeople: 28 Day Boot Camp."
- Rodney Corn is a co-founder of PTA Global and has more than 20 years of experience in the fitness industry. As a collegiate athlete, bodybuilder, published author and regular contributor to industry publications, Corn has traveled the globe sharing his extensive scientific and practical experience in wellness, sports performance and corrective exercise. He is an adjunct faculty member at the University of San Francisco and California University of Pennsylvania. Corn holds a bachelor’s degree in psychology and master’s degree in biomechanics. He is also a Fellow of Applied Functional Science with the Gray Institute.
- Pete McCall is an exercise physiologist with ACE. In his role, McCall creates and delivers fitness continuing education programs, and is a co-creator of the ACE Integrated Fitness TrainingTM (ACE IFTTM) model. McCall has a Master of Science in Exercise Science and Health Promotion from California University of Pennsylvania. He is a certified personal trainer with ACE and holds additional certifications through the National Strength and Conditioning Association and the National Academy of Sports Medicine. McCall also serves on the content review committee for www.ptonthenet.com, and is an adjunct lecturer for the Exercise and Nutritional Sciences program at San Diego State University.
- Chris Clawson is president of Life Fitness. An industry veteran, Clawson joined the Company in 1994 and has served in a number of different positions focused on product development, sales and marketing. Clawson also spent six years in retail management with two leading sporting-goods retailers. Athletics has always played a significant role in Clawson’s life, having played professional baseball before entering the fitness industry.
- Deborah Plitt has been a network trainer for Life Fitness since 1994. Plitt develops education modules and provides academic training to Life Fitness customers throughout the world. Plitt received her Bachelor of Science from Penn State University in Exercise and Sport Science and is currently working toward a Master of Science in Human Movement Science from A.T. Still University. Plitt is also a certified corrective exercise specialist with the National Academy of Sports Medicine (NASM) and an advanced health and fitness specialist with ACE.
Clients, gym owners and fellow trainers can visit www.LifeFitness.com/PersonalTrainers to nominate a personal trainer who they feel has what it takes to be named the world’s best. A set of criteria will be used to determine the winner and 10 finalists. The judging panel will consider information like trainers’ community involvement; client testimonials and hours spent training to gauge its selection of the 2012 Personal Trainers to Watch.
Life Fitness teamed with international fitness resource FitPro and PTontheNet to launch this year’s Personal Trainers to Watch program. The winning trainer will receive a high-value package of personal training tools including continuing education courses, a piece of Life Fitness equipment, global media recognition and $5,000 to be put toward a personal training business.
Nominations for the 2012 Personal Trainers to Watch program can be made now through July 31, 2012; winners will be announced globally in November 2012. To nominate a personal trainer and view official program rules, visit www.LifeFitness.com/PersonalTrainers. Nominations are limited to one entry per person. The Personal Trainers to Watch program is open to all global markets..
FitPro North America is the premier provider of high quality educational resources for fitness professionals, including personal trainers, group fitness instructors, coaches, fitness managers and health club owners. Specializing in continuing education and expert resources, FitPro North America was founded on the premise that a well-educated fitness professional will inspire clients and succeed.
About Life Fitness
Life Fitness is the global leader in commercial fitness equipment, as well as game tables and furnishings. The company manufactures and sells its well-known strength and cardiovascular equipment under its Life Fitness and Hammer Strength brands. It also offers billiards tables, accessories and game room furniture under the iconic Brunswick Billiards brand. Life Fitness, Hammer Strength and Brunswick Billiards equipment is distributed to more than 120 countries. Headquartered outside Chicago, in Rosemont, Ill., the company is a division of Brunswick Corporation (NYSE: BC).