We are seeking an experienced Credit Controller to join our Finance Team in Ely, UK.
Reporting to the UK Credit Manager you will work to maximise the business profitability by minimising its exposure to overdue, delinquent and bad debts whilst optimising sales on credit. An efficient system of working should also be maintained by dealing in a prompt and effective manner to develop and enhance the professional standards.
- Contact customers regarding all unpaid items, following up communications frequently
- Anticipate developments and identify accounts that require special attention and act decisively to resolve difficulties, consulting management where appropriate
- Monitor daily all incoming correspondence, ensuring that customer queries are resolved promptly and accurately
- Maintain accurate A/R balances and ageing thereof through prompt and accurate allocation of cash receipts
- Develop and maintain harmonious and effective working relationships with all customers (internal and external) and other team members
- Achieve effective chaser procedures through emails, phone calls and statements
- Adhere to deadlines for month end and reporting
A successful candidate will
- Be competent in Microsoft Outlook and Excel
- Should work well in a team, and be able to adapt with the demands of the role. Previous exposure in a credit control role is desirable
This role is a fixed term contract to cover maternity leave for a minimum of 9 months. The job is Monday to Friday at our head office in Queen Adelaide near Ely with a minimum of 30 hours a week over 5 days (desired)
Please send your CV and covering letter to email@example.com